Sulphonated Naphthalene Formaldehyde is a condensed polymer product. It is mainly used as powerful water reducing agent in concrete and also known as superplasticizer. It produces concrete with exceptionally workable characteristic referred to as high slump. It helps to keep the minimum water to cement ratio without compromising the degree of workability. It is also a very good dispersing agent.
- Concrete admixture
- Ready-mix concrete
- Pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete
- In areas of congested reinforcement, where higher workability is of benefit
- In reducing water contents for the sake of improving impermeability and durability
- Variety of concrete, e.g., marine, gunite, architectural, special concrete, pumpable etc.
- Textile industry: as an effective wetting agent in cotton
- Leather industry: as a dying and leveling aid
- Tanning industry: Acts as a good dispersing agent
- Oil industry: Functioning as an anti-friction agent in oil rigging operation